HI THERE, I'm Emily.
When I was 16 I taught myself how to play guitar by flipping through chord books and strumming on my dad's old Yamaha. I started writing and singing songs secretly in my room when I was 18-years-old, and never could've known that one day I would write and sing my songs as my job. I packed up and headed out to attend college in Athens, GA (at The University of Georgia) in 2008. I got my bearings as an artist while I was living in that town, and somewhere along the way it became home to me.
I met my sweet husband Michael on a blind date on Valentine's Day in 2011. He's pretty amazing, and we really hit it off--in fact we have hung out pretty much every day since then. We got married in my grandparents back yard in October of 2012. We love playing music, and have spent the past 7 years pursuing our dream, driving all over the country, singing our songs.
Along the way we've had some pretty fun milestones...
- Bill Murray made a cameo in THIS music video of mine. He really is as cool as he seems.
- You can check out all 5 of my albums HERE
- I've gotten to open up for some pretty spectacular acts, including...
Darius Rucker, Hootie & the Blowfish, Luke Bryan, Mat Kearney, Nick Jonas, Rodney Atkins, Edwin McCain, Howie Day, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Tyrone Wells, Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, Stephen Kellogg, Griffin House and more
- My songs have been featured on these tv shows (!!), as well as several commercials & movie trailers...
Jane The Virgin, Switched At Birth, The Fosters, Jane By Design, Awkward, Finding Carter, Body of Proof, Good Witch, Royal Pains (& more)
- Forget the tour bus, Michael and I have been touring in our Prius for the past 7 years (#glamlife), and fun fact: we've personally driven through every state except for North Dakota and Hawaii.
- We just spent a month in Paris writing our new EP that is OUT NOW! Check it out HERE
- I don't just love to write songs, I've been blogging for the past few years telling the story of our travels and of course our love story. Be sure to scroll back through all the blog posts if that's something you like to read about.